Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Reading Goals, and the much anticipated review of The Winter Sister!

     If you're an avid reader like me, you probably have a Goodreads account filled with hundreds or thousands of books that you want to read, a bookshelf full of books you can't stop buying, but never catch up on, maybe a stack of library books you keep renewing, or even a paper list of books you want to read. To be honest, I have all of that LOL. It keeps me organized in a few different ways, but when you want to read ALL the books, you just can never catch up. I want to know more about you guys and what you like to read and how you stay organized! Drop a comment in the comment section below and let me know which books you are most excited to get reading soon! I'm also on Instagram @beautyybyemily, and I love posting pictures of books on there! Book stacks, #shelfie 's, books you want to read for the month, etc. So you could post pictures of the books you want to read and tag me! I may share some of my favorite pictures in my story!
   
     So without anymore ado, here's the much anticipated review of The Winter Sister!


The Winter Sister by Megan Collins
     Released: Feb 5, 2019
     Read from: Feb 11, 2019 - Feb 20, 2019
     Format: print (BOTM)
     Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

     I know this book was pretty anticipated all over the internet, from the author, and by some of you. I will tell you, that I did like this book, and I did enjoy reading it the entire time so that makes it a win in my book! Click here for my review on Goodreads!



I want to keep this blog entry short, so I'm going to wait until the end of the month to provide reviews for all the other books I've read this month, in my February Overview!



What I'm Reading Now
1) Good Wives (Print- library) by Louisa May  Alcott
     Released: 1869



     Started reading: Feb 20, 2019

     The Little Women are back, but now they're grown up! Meg is married, Amy is galavanting around Europe, and Jo and Beth both still seem lost and conflicted. Where will they go next? I'm 43% of the way through. It is a lot like Little Women, so if you hated reading that book, I don't recommend this one. But if you liked it, and love the characters, give this one a try! I'm hoping to finish it or get close to finishing it tonight.





2) The Secret Garden (Ebook- Kindle app) by Frances Hodgson Burnett
     Released: 1911

     Started reading: Feb 10, 2019 (second time around, I gave up on it last fall originally)

     I loved this movie as a kid, so I was excited to read the book, but I'm finding the writing style a bit difficult. There isn't a lot of dialogue, and when there is, it's written in spelling that makes you read it with an accent which makes it a slower read. It's also on my phone, which is my leats favorite reading platform, so that makes it go even slower. I will keep trucking through. Anyone else read this book? What did you think??






3) The Last Romantics (Audiobook- scribd) by Tara Conklin
     Released: Feb 5, 2019

     Started listening: Feb 23, 2019

     I have seen this one coming up a lot on social media, and the one book blog I follow just finished it and rated it as her first 5 star book from 2019, so I'm excited for this one! Only thing is, I've barely listened to a lot of it, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to handle this narrator :/




4) Insight Guides: Hawaii
     Released: 9/1/14
     Started reading: Jan 27, 2019
   
     Because I'm going to Hawaii for my honeymoon in May and need to learn about its history and what kinds of things we get to do there!! :) I've finished reading all of the history and genera island info, as well as the chapters on the islands I'm visiting, but do plan to go back to this and read the sections on the 3 islands that we won't get to set foot on, as well as the areas of O'ahu we're not going to get to go to this time around. 



5) Lonely Planet: Discover Hawaii
     Released: Nov 21, 2017
     Started reading: Feb 21, 2019

     I finished the sections of my Inside Guides book that I need for my trip, so now I'm on to y Lonely Planet Discover book. This is one of my favorite guidebook series, so even though at this point, I'm reading about the sights in a little less detail, I like to tie it all together after reading such a detailed book as an Inside Guide. I also couldn't NOT get this book because it has something that a lot of other guidebooks don't heavily focus on: itineraries and walking tours! So I'm a fan. 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment